Oriental Rug Bazaar knows you want your rug to be practical AND pretty. So, while your rug can be walked all over, it also needs to be maintained with good care and cleaning. After some time, the normal wear and tear your rug is subjected to causes dust to become fixed in the fibers, fringe to look dingy and unkempt, and colors to dull and lose their luster.
To keep your rug looking new and fresh, we recommend cleaning your rugs once every 12 months. If your rug is placed in a highly used area, such as a foyer or entryway, you may choose to clean it as often as every six months or more, depending on the amount of dirt and staining. An improper cleaning, however, can do more harm than good, which is why it's important to have your rug cleaned by an expert.
At Oriental Rug Bazaar, our professional rug cleaning department uses years of experience and knowledge to select the right treatment and care required to clean your rug, based on its fiber content (wool, silk, cotton, synthetic material, etc.) and type of dirt/staining.
Our Expert Rug Cleaning Process
1. Before beginning any cleaning, our team inspects the rug for any tears or damage which could be exacerbated by the cleaning process. Any necessary repairs are done to restore the integrity of the rug.
2. The piece is dusted, using a state-of-the-art dusting machine to loosen and remove any particles from the interior and surface of the rug.
3. The rug is submerged in fresh water mixed with a specifically formulated solution to ensure the dyes are unharmed. We take added care when handling fine collector pieces or antiques. Hand-brush methods are used to preserve the delicate structure and pile of the rug.
4. After a final rinse, the rug is hung in a specialized drying room, which features a controlled climate and combination of fans to allow for quick, clean drying.
5. After the main body of the rug is clean, our experts meticulously clean the fringe, restoring it to its original color and luster.
Oriental Rug Bazaar prides itself on having educated in-house sales staff and consummate cleaning professionals, as well as a team of expert conservators and highly qualified weavers with in-depth knowledge of colors, textures and composition who can handle any antique or new rug/tapestry repairs. As with improper cleaning, amateur restoration can negatively affect the worth and look of your piece, so we specialize in preserving the value of your investment.